Thursday 15 October 2015

Human Shopping or Disposables

I remember in 2013, my first time ever signing up on online dating.  I was nervous and concerned having my face in a public dating platform, but my friend Gert encouraged me - he didnt see any problem with it. He was more concerned that i was working too hard and had no relationship at all.

Fast forward to 2015, with all the dating apps on earth .......... the Tinders, the Happns, Bumble, Tangle and so on and so forth, were you literally just need to swipe left or right, it made meeting guys so much easier, but of course with its challenges too.  I had become a pro at dating apps and encouraging my single ladies to follow suit...after all, what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger.

So far, I've had the pleasurable opportunity to experience the good , the bad and the downright Fugly!!!
 The one that wants to rob my feet, the one that  wants to get married right away, the one that looks decades older than the photos on his Tinder profile, the one keeps texting away -without wanting to meet even after i suggested we meet in the city for drinks, oh less i forget, the ones (two occasions actually) that didn't turn up.  All these are UK experiences.....I'll update you with my international experiences later.

When friends, colleagues or acquaintances say dating apps are hook-up apps, i always disagree with them.  I explain to them that they are connectors, its up to the parties to decide what they want to do with the 'opportunity'.
Having and using dating apps - is just the same as meeting at the supermarket, its the same as meeting at a library....essentially , its a connector, but i guess, as humans, we will certainly just turn it around into whatever we just think we want it to be ....and truly, there's nothing wrong with that! You do you and i'll do me! its a free world :)

What's your experience with these human shopping experience aka Tinder, Happn, Bumble etc?  does it feel like using a disposable glove, where once you meet, that it?  Share your story / experience in the comment box :)





Photo credit - Ticket magazine http://www.phillymag.com/ticket/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment