Friday 20 November 2015

Lolade's Corner: Re- Are You The Other Woman?

Some days ago, I posted my article on 'The Other Woman', if you missed it, please find it HERE .The article generated a lot of interest as i received emails and phone calls - one of which I'll share with you now.

Chantel (not her real name), is an upwardly mobile fashion critic, so sh's always on the go and can atimes be the 'in your face' type of lady, however, once you get to know her, she's a complete sweet heart and her intelligence is on point.

In her words 'As an art critic, people tend not to take me seriously, they always infer - who is she to criticize my work'? Does she know the effort i put into my creativity? I tell them,'if you're as good as you think you are, what's there to fear'?
I know I'm a hard worker, says Chantel, and i have to be in a lot of people's faces, sometimes, step on toes too - otherwise, they are not ready to give you the right of way or the chance to achieve anything.


In my line of work,, the industry is so fast - it's like lightening speed all the time, and you're either up there or you don't exist at all hence no time for relationships.
Dates are few and far in between and most often dates and interviews go simultaneously - that is, you're on a date and perhaps being interviewed at the same time because your date might just be the next big ting in the fashion world and you don't want to miss out of the bubble.


I met Aldo (a Mexican) during one of such dates, he was an upcoming and aggressive fashion designer, he been around for a while and wanted to break the mold. Aldo recognized that people like me couldn't be ignored.  Aldo wanted my opinion, he wanted a brutally honest feedback and someone who could criticize his work  via visual approach.
A few of use were invited to his show, I met him.  Did i know Aldo was in a serious relationship - oh yes! i did. but heck, i couldn't care less...he isn't married, i said to myself, and a little fling never hurts.

My affair with Aldo was initial, that of convenience.  we would meet up whenever we had some time to meet, phone calls were fine - we would call each other every day and my God! he was an intelligent guy. He knew so much more than just the fashion world.

As Aldo and i were't clingy people, we carried on with our lives as normal, the fling started to get prolonged than anticipated. However, i was able to create time for myself to actually find some real romance outside of the fling i currently have with Aldo. He remembers ever important celebration such as my birthdays and much more.
If Aldo is this 'amazing', how come he hasn't gotten married yet? could be he's enjoying his 'unmarried status' of convenience? I wonder how he treats his girlfriend, to be honest, i don't care, I'm just intrigued says Chantel. I'm fine with the way things are between us, if he decides he'll want to be with me, that will be nice, but in the meantime, I'm eating my cake and having it! and I'm loving it!!!!!


Photo Credit: Resimkoy

No comments:

Post a Comment