Sunday 14 February 2016

IVY True Life: How I Met My Spouse

At IvyTrotterChick, we are introducing a new segment called IVY True Life, where we celebrate people's life, journeys, meeting partners and much more.

We'll like to thank Michael for sending us his story

The first time I saw her, I was buying soya-beans in a public market in Ilorin Kwara State of Nigeria, I remember glancing over at her and thinking,Oh, wow, she’s dope. 
When I finished  buying my stuff I turned around and I saw her moving towards me immediately my thought started acclimating; how awesome would it be if she ended up next to me?Sure enough, she hit at me by asking for a direction and I gladly did, she thanked me and left.

7months later I saw her at the airport again we were sitting at the gate for our flight to Abuja then later boarded, When I got to my seat, a family on my row wanted to sit together so the flight attendant asked if I could take the empty seat beside her, so I joyfully did. Thou I was very shy to talk to her at first but she help my situation by asking me if we had met before.

We spent the entire flight discussing everything. And then, the flight landed. She asked for my number that she would call me and we went our separate ways. I was certain I would never hear from her again.
I thought about her often, but eventually she faded into the ‘missed connections’ category. A few months later, out of the blue, she sent me [a message that said] ‘Happy New Year.’ We hit it off like nothing ever changed.
We’ve been married for three years now and have two children...

Egwudah Michael, from Ilorin Kwara State of Nigeria.. 08035530434


1 comment: